The most the valuable time in a freelancer’s life is really the time between projects. All that free time that makes you want to be a freelancer in the first place.
So what do you do with all that free time? Here’s my list. And I’m sure others have a list of their own.
- Make your own latte, with Peet’s coffee, of course.
- Write a blog post.
- Read Architectural Digest in your Airstream.
- Plant a butterfly garden.
- Weed a butterfly garden.
- Watch butterflies in your butterfly garden.
- Call a friend.
- Call a contact.
- Update your Quicken account that you haven’t updated since January so you’ll be ready for next tax season.
- Go to IKEA and buy clever design objects for your Airstream office.
- Go to IKEA and return those clever design objects that were too big for your Airstream office.
- Read a book.
- Listen to a book.
- Write a book.
- Make lots and lots of green tea and put it in wine bottles to store easily in Airstream.
- Buy cute souvenir glasses to drink green tea in Airstream.
- Make soup in your slow cooker.
- Watch a Netflix movie in the middle of the day.
- Take a Zumba class.
- Take a nap after the Zumba class.
- Go to Freshfield Farms for gourmet veggies.
- Become a gourmet chef…in your dreams.
- Be thankful that you made the most of the day.
Who knows what tomorrow will bring.
Is that a client e-mail coming in?